mouth() << coffee;
I will mod my espresso machine at some point to have a PID.
- Espresso machine: Gaggia Classic Pro
- Grinder: 1ZPresso JX-Pro, Eureka Mignon Specialita
- Basket: IMS Precision
I mostly make espresso drinks, but also own a Phin coffee brewer.
It brews a very full-bodied coffee that resembles drip coffee.
Coffee Shoppe Reviews (Pittsburgh, PA)
In no particular order, based only on 12oz lattes.
To visit, also in no particular order.
- Coffee Tree Roasters (Shadyside): 7/10
- Cafe Carnegie: 1/10
- Round Table Coffee (Shadyside): 4/10
- Jitters Cafe (Shadyside): 7/10
- Arriviste Coffee (Shadyside): 6/10
- Centred Coffee & Wellness (Shadyside): 5/10
- Georgie's Corner Cafe (Shadyside): 8/10
- KLVN Coffee Lab (Larimer): 7/10
- James Cafe (Strip): 6/10
- Commonplace Coffee (Squirrel Hill): 6/10
- Redhawk Coffee (Oakland): 5/10
- The Vault Coffeehouse (Pitcairn): 6/10
- Divvy Coffee & Buns (Oakland): 3/10
- De Fer Coffee & Tea (Carnegie Mellon University): 8/10
- Curbside Coffee (Blawnox): 4/10
- Mechanic Coffee Company (Verona): 6/10
- Big Dog Coffee (South Side)
- Constellation Coffee
- Espresso a Mano
- Creative Coffee
Personal preferences: don't like acidic beans, prefer a medium roast.
(*) Indicates I only tried the single blend/bean.
Also in no particular order:
- Del's Coffee: 8/10 - Generally good.
- Blue Bottle: 5/10 - Hit or miss, but the Hayes Blend is consistently non-offensive.
- Intelligentsia: 5/10 - Generally okay all around.
- KLVN: 6/10 - Hit or miss. Highline is pretty good, but I do not like Alta Imabara at all.
- De Fer Coffee & Tea: 7/10 - Nice decaf, others seem consistently nice.
- * Honor Coffee (out of business, Crown No.1 Blend): 9/10 - Impressive light roast with toasty notes. Not sure if roasted in-house.
- Coffee Tree Roasters: 7/10 - consistent roasts, mostly non-offensive.
- Ritual Coffee: 6/10 - It's alright, nothing special.
- * East Crema Coffee (Blue House): 6/10 - Pleasant.
- * Fabrica Coffee Roasters (Kerinci): 7/10 - Pleasant. Would like to try more of their roasts.
- * Syra Coffee (Santa Fe): 6/10 - Tasting notes not very distinct, but pleasant.
- * Kawa Coffee (Bolivie-Manco Kapak):
- * Fève Coffee (Essentiel Ethiopie Cooperative Haru): ?/10 - Don't know how to rate drip coffee.
- * Victrola (Triborough): 4/10 - Tastes burnt.
- * Mechanic Coffee Company (Modulator): 6/10 - Seems alright? Needs more testing.
- City of Saints
I like Loveramics latte cups a lot.